logo responsive
Cave Raspail en anglais Cave Raspail en francais
YOU ARE HERE : HOME / Our History bis

DOMAIN RASPAIL, THE FAMILY PASSION SINCE 4 GENERATIONS

The Raspail exploitation has been set up in 1942 in Saillans, the Mecca of the appellation.

 

Henriette and Marius are managers of a coffee shop of the village «Le National». They bought the Domaine de la Mûre, made, at that time, of one building and of one single vine. This will be the beginning of the Domaine RASPAIL.

They got their son, Flavien RASPAIL, to help us and they started to elaborate the Clairette de Die and the direct selling. He appealed restaurant owners and particular individuals with his know how and the quality of his Clairette de Die. The Domain has 3 hectares of vineyards, but also lavenders and walnuts.

In 1965, Jean-Claude RASPAIL and Françoise his wife will expand the vineyards, investments are very substantial. They built a new cellar in 1985 to welcome in the best conditions particular individuals and groups. Quality follow-up and highlighting of the soil are the leitmotiv of the Domain. Wines are unanimously recognized in various national and international competitions.

In 1997, Frédéric RASPAIL, great-grandson, has carried on the family dynamic with the conversion in Organic Agriculture, the building of the new thermo-regulated winery etc.  He first studied oenology in Champagne and made his début in wine domains specialized in sparkling wines. 

New and ancestral techniques allows to carry on with qualitative development. In 2002, Anouck, his wife joined the team in taking part to welcome new customers in the cellar, and to develop the France and Export commercial activity.